Saturday 13 December 2014

Something rather special....



Hello my wonderful friends :)

I am THRILLED and really proud of myself as I have finished my Robin Christmas design.

I made it into something I have never made before after a brilliant idea given to me :)  Ha ha I thought YES!! I can do this... hmmm well let me tell you I literally have been at it all day!  And seeing as it was my first time ever of making this I am over the moon with it.

Here is my journey...

The finished stitch..


Let the making commence...


Do you like me new gadget?  Its magnetic and sits on the bottom plate... it basically guides me so that I will have straight lines :)


First the red fabric.. but then I had to decide how large I wanted it...


And here it is.. with the outer fabric...


I was thinking of adding some of my own hand made buttons.. as a 'special' touch?  What do you think?


Close up..
I have not sewn them on yet as I wanted to see what you all thought?


Here is the finished design...


Yes its a wall hanging :)

The first one ever I have made!

I had to visit B&Q and Hobbycraft the other day for supplies.. ha ah a the wooden poles and ends!

Looking at it I feel it 'needs' something else...

Ideas welcome :)

I still cannot believe I made this!!! ha ha a really! :)

Please feel free to leave a comment :)

Thank you :)

smiles :)

xx

31 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job Jacquie. I think the buttons would look great and finish it off perfectly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jacquie - it's beautiful! Well done! I love the buttons - they will add a special "Jacquie" touch.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job! I think the buttons will be just the right embellishment for your finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooooooooooooooo love it and those buttons will be perfect for it :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh its beautiful!!!!! Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is beautiful and the buttons add a special touch, I think you should keep them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so nice. Love all the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and the buttons would look great on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out so nice! Great job on the sewing. Love it. I say sew those buttons on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute design! Buttons would add but certainly not detract from the design! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The buttons are nice although I would go for red, maybe, to echo the robins, or perhaps a border of felt holly and sequin berries to sparkle a bit?
    It is a beautiful hanging.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so beautiful!!! Well done you!! You are a whizz with the machine now! I like the buttons on myself.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you have done with your beautful Christmas Robins I think yes the buttons look great .

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks amazing!! I think the buttons would look lovely as everyone has already said!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh it looks great.............love the robins..........well done...........

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beautiful, and yes I'd definitely add the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you! Have fun adding a bit more to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely do the buttons Jacquie - & like the way you've set them out, just as they are!
    It's a beautiful hanging, so beautifully sewn, no wonder you're chuffed with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought it would be a pillow and suddenly hung on the wall:-))
    I think it's a great idea !!!
    And your buttons there kind of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Job well done and I would add the buttons, very good you go girl. hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the new wall hanging. I also have one of those magnets for my machine. It is always nice to add a little something to a design to make it more personal...buttons would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is a lovely finish.I really like the buttons idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jacquie! Beautiful piece and it makes a perfect wall hanging. Seeing it with your buttons and then without,,,,,,,I think the buttons should be added. It would finish it off so nicely. Lovely.
    LindaLee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautifull wall hanging and you did a amazing work with sewing it !! With my Best greetings from Finland,Maija

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks great!! A lovely hanging, you did a fantastic job :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning hanging, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Jacquie

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
    This finish is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful stitching! it makes a lovely wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)