Monday 4 May 2015

Bank holiday blues....

hello.... I am happy to say I have Internet!! Yes in hospital!! Goodness why I did not get it before now I will never know! It's kept me well and truely distracted... Dad gave me some headphones too so I can watch Netflix!! I am hooked on a new Netflix series called Returned...

Oooh look at me chirping on!! Well yes I am feeling so so much better...the nasty bug has gone and now I am trying to recover and gain energy.  I never ate and hardly drank anything for 8 days... Awful..ha ha on another note I have lost 10 kg!! Ha ha a not the way at all to do it I know but funny I think!!

I was all set to show you a lovely (not) photo of me... Oh you know looking worn out, dark eyes as I am not sleeping much and OMG! My hair! It's awful! Ha ha but for some reason I could not upload it!  Never mind!

Yes here in England it's now bank holiday Monday and yet another day without doctors on the ward... This started Friday.. Rather silly but the hospitals here just stop at weekends.  I have to wait until tomorrow to see a doctor unless it's deemed an emergency naturally!  Fingers crossed but I am pushing to be discharged next week.  See my bug has cleared up and I am now eating and drinking fine.. I feel ok too.  My knee...hmmm the knee that has caused oh so many problems... It's a little better.  I can hobble limp kind of thing now.  I stopped all the pain medications..well I took them all for 3 months and I still could not walk and was still in pain.  Now I am learning to work with the pain I have.. To learn to understand my limits.  My left leg still will not straighten, I hope it does soon?  I hope I walk properly again... The hospital have said they will not do anything for my knee.... As its osteoarthritis and I have to live with it..ha ha until I can't then maybe they will look at it!  See as I am now taking anti-clotting medication for the rest of my life ..... Yes the multiple clots on my lungs were there because I could not walk!  Any way... So because of that medication they are reluctant to inject steroids or I forget the other thing... It's dangerous as it may cause a bleed in my knee...hmmm which would be erm....very painful and cause complications.  So it's wise I do not have them...and they will not change my knee as I am too young.... Yes 43 is too young! See a new knee would only last around 10 years!  And it's a major operation... I cannot have an surgery for 6-12 months due to scarring on my lungs from the blood clots!

So you see all I can to is try to be more mobile... We do have a tredmill at home, so I plan to start walking, yes gently on there to build the strength up in my leg.  Nothing more they can do!! Up to me  now!! I CAN DO THIS!! I mean I want to get back to walking... I know it's going to be tough, I have to stay strong, I need my independence and life back!

Ha ha and omg!! I will be able to wear clothes for the first time this year!! Shoes!! Omg!! After living in PJ's for so long now it will feel strange I bet!  First step to normality!  Ha ha jon says I will need to sort all my clothes out as what with losing weight some may not fit me!!

Stitching... No I have been doing no stitching.. I don't have the patience whilst being in here... I am getting really agitated over little things.  I think it's because I think I should not be here.

OH YES!! Freedom for a little while.... My dad is popping up as he has to go to the shops..and as its bank holiday nothing much happening he thought he would bring a wheelchair from the hospital entrance to take me for a coffee!!  Yes I have had my family visit me... I am ever so grateful they did come.  Life in hospital is slow and really boring :(. I worked it out last night ....all in all up to tomorrow this year I have been in and out of hospital but it all adds up to 52 days!! WOW!!  I tell you when I get discharged I am NOT coming back again!!

I want to thank you all for sticking with me.... This year has not been the best start... But I hope once I am home next week (fingers crossed) I will get stronger and things will get better and back to normal.  Stitching will resume when I get home as I really miss doing it... And oh I cannot wait to catch up with everyone...see what you have all been up to :)

Ok goimg now...huge happy smiles you all :) xx


18 comments:

  1. Oh wow........the new you.......glad to hear things sound improved...........now to get you home and moving..........goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a soon recovery and return home. Glad to read you (don't smile I'm writing from by bed.... a fall during the holidays so sprained left ankle) Lot of kisses. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got the right attitude Jacquie. And congratulations on the weight loss. You CAN do this. We will all be here to cheer you on! Have fun with your father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to hear from you, you sound like you're making the best of things as usual.
    Have a nice time with your Dad.
    Hope you continue to get about, with or without a stick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jacquie! So nice to "hear" your chirpy voice - HA! - Say, do you have Skype? or FaceTime? Let me know -
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs! Wishing you a speedy recovery and I hope you're home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're feeling better and that you'll be going home soon! Your cheering section will be behind you, cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are feeling and doing better, and - oh my - 10 kg loss! I would not care how it's lost, I say - still celebrate.:)
    Will drink to your discharging in a week. Stay strong and hang in there - and- happy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great you are feeling much better!Get out of there soon!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jacquie, again you are here, you and your humor! It is already well !!!
    Bad start of the year, a good ending!
    I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take and enjoy coffee with your Dad. Hope you make it home next week. I will be praying for you to come home. Yes, they do not want to do knee surgery too soon, I had to wait until I was 60 to get half of my right knee done. It's well worth the wait. Take care and hopefully you will be home soon. Big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Jacquie is back! I'm glad to hear you're doing a bit better and are able to move around a bit. Good luck getting out of there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! Good to hear from you...you are strong and will do what you need to do I am sure! Take it easy when you get back home. Hope you and your dad enjoyed your coffee outing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep strong, keep walking!! Congrats on the loss weight too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to hear from you. Hope you're getting better and back to walking soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to hear from you!! Hope we see you back home soon enjoying your stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you're on the way to recovery. Keep the good spirits, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get well soon, sending lots and lots of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)