Saturday 25 July 2015

Go me!!

Hello happy friends...

I am still under the weather, lol what a funny saying! Yes still full of sniffles, coughs... Hoping that I am over the worst of it? 

Well today arrived some threads sweetie jon ordered for me... See we sold a few things on eBay recently and that released a few pennies to buy threads! Yippeee!! So they arrived today for the special stitching project I have been dieing to start.

It's a Scarlet Letter sampler called Mary Gail.... Kindly loaned to me from Nicola from the Scarlet Letter group on Facebook.


Nicola very kindly gifted me the fabric to stitch this on too....


I thought the fabric was 40 count.... Ha ha I thought WOW! Now that will be interesting as never stitched on that before! 

My threads arrived! Yippeeee!!


I did some sorting and put them all into bobbins and organized my fabric onto its frame... Then OMG!! The fabric...


Ha ha it's 45 count!! Well a challenge if ever I saw one!! Ha ha 

Once I got started I was fine, stayed calm and stitched...



Then stitched more...


Little close up...


To be honest I cannot believe that I am actually stitching on this!! GO ME!! 45 count!! GO ME!! Lol

I am really enjoying this project, I can totally understand why so many love stitching Scarlet Letter designs.. I am still very excited and happy to be stitching this! 

Ha ha. So that is what I have been up to!! 

Oh yes....remember I had started something!? It was going to be on blue then I changed my Ming and stitched it on 28 count Pearl linen in flax, 1 over 1. 


Wondering what it was!? 

I had waited a long time, a few months to stitch this, see it just kept going missing in the post..

Ha ha had to improvise a little to get it into the frame... It worked! 






Yes a lovely design from Little House Needleworks called "Sweet Rose" ... It came with 2 new colours from Classic Colourworks... Yes the cute pink ones! 


As you can see its tiny! No idea what is going on with me lately, it seems I like to challenge myself to see how small I can go...maybe?? It's all good fun! 

So for the moment I am concentrating on my Scarlet Letter sampler as I love it!! ... More updates soon....

Big smiles to you all :)

Xx

13 comments:

  1. I love tiny stitching. So fun. And it looks great. Get well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 45!! Criky I struggle with 32..well done you! Hope your sniffles go soon
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, LOVE it! I can tell you - miniature stitching is ADDICTING!!!!
    hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! I've never stitched anything less than 32. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl with that 45ct I have done 40 and I quite enjoy it and like the delicacy of the stitches.

    Your finish is cute and quite nice on the natural linen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! 45 count!!!! My eyeballs would be jumping out of my head!!! Good for you--and it's looking great!
    I love the sweet pink flowers, and of course, the bees!!
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooo impressed that you are stitching on 45ct - WOW WOW WOW! That's something I haven't tried yet. Your stitching is beautiful!! How very kind and sweet of Nicola!
    Beautiful "Sweet Rose" I too love the pretty pinks, bees and flowers. Well done Jacquie!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on stitching on 45 ct!! You are brave! I love Mary Gail and want to stitch her myself one day. Love the LHN finish. It's so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on stitching on 45 ct!! You are brave! I love Mary Gail and want to stitch her myself one day. Love the LHN finish. It's so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on stitching on 45 ct!! You are brave! I love Mary Gail and want to stitch her myself one day. Love the LHN finish. It's so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see that you are enjoying your Scarlet Letter sampler. I'll have to get some 45 count to try now. I love the higher counts.

    The LHN is a sweet design too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Scarlet Letter looks wonderful. You've tried a higher count fabric than I have. 40 is the smallest I've stitched on.... well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so lovely to read how much you are enjoying your stitching, it inspires me to go and pick up a needle! Beautiful start on the Scarlet Letter design, and the LHN patten is adorable. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)